Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blessings of Living out the Call


Me, Maba, and Kellie at Hard Rock Cafe


Me & Maba ready for my birthday dinner :)


Sai and Asena baked me a birthday cake!


The things inside my birthday package!


Ready to open my birthday package from my family


Celebrating Kellie's 23rd birthday at my flat - Fijian style


Me and some EE mission friends visiting another EE mission friend who just gave birth :)


Me, Kellie, and Haiveta (from Papua New Guinea) hanging out in Nadi town Celebrating Kellie's 23rd birthday at my flat - Fijian style


Myself with the EE Centre Kitchen Staff in their Bula wear


Me and Maba with the Fiji Flag


Myself with Rod Story, EE VP for Global Development, and 2 Indian EE Workers


Workshop Group Photo


Trainees playing games during the workshop at the EE Centre campus


Teaching a Hope for Kids Workshop with the team and local trainees

June ’11 Supporter Update

Bula bula bula! Hope the summer is treating each of you wonderfully! During this month God has really been teaching me to surrender my heart’s needs and desires to Him as well as confirming things in ministry and my personal life. I can’t believe this time 3 years ago was my first visit to Fiji on a short-term mission trip. And this time 2 years ago I became a full-time missionary for EE. WOW. I am so unworthy of this call, yet God continues to use me through this ministry to reach out to the nation of Fiji and beyond. Through that I am more blessed than I could ever imagine!

On May 26th I traveled 4 hours from my flat to the EE Centre to meet the 30 EE staff-in-training from Australia, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, India, Romania, & Jamaica. During the first 3 days of that following week I conducted a workshop for 14 of these individuals in order to equip them in the Hope for Kids Within the workshop I placed great effort into breaking down any social, language, or cultural barriers that existed so that each individual felt at ease to absorb as much as possible from their learning experience. I observed great growth from this group, which was such an encouragement to me. Later on in that week the group was able to put into action what they had learned from me through a workshop with local Fijians, which was a total success! At the end of that week God in His faithfulness provided funds for my ministry through the generosity of the group and local trainees. They had the desire to give as they witnessed the ministry I am part of and the gifts the Lord has given me that are being used on the mission field.

The Lord not only placed me at the EE Centre to teach and train, but also to form a special bond with Kellie, a young lady from Australia. She is 23 years old, currently in college seeking a degree that will coincide with God’s will for her life, and praying for confirmation about serving in missions. We clicked immediately and realized how alike we are which allowed our relationship to grow quickly. Kellie stayed an extra 2 weeks after the other overseas staff returned to their home countries. So she was able to see firsthand my life as a missionary. She came to stay at my flat for a few days, and I was able to share with her my everyday life where she was able to see the realities of being on the mission field. Through spending lots of one-on-one time together, in God’s grace, He allowed us to gain much wisdom and insight from one another in different areas of our lives. Though we have only met once before, it has become evident to us that even before we knew it, God’s hand has been moving in our lives to bring us to this very point. I am so blessed that God is using every part of my journey in becoming a missionary to build others up and help them prepare to live out God’s call on their lives. This has reminded me of God’s unique character and the special ways in which He works.

The next 2 weeks I will be preparing to work with Kids EE staff in Vanuatu as well focusing on fundraising for the first overseas mission trip that I will be taking local Fijian youth which is to the Solomon Islands. I will be presenting in 3 different churches about the mission and vision for this trip. The trip is slowly but surely coming together. The team is working hard to raise their airfare while I am preparing for the camp we will host with youth in the Solomon Islands. I will spend over a week in Vanuatu (July 9-19) then fly early to the Solomon Islands in order to help prepare everything with the EE staff there before the team arrives for the camp (July 26-August 9).

In between all the busyness I have been able to hang out with Maba, which has been a blessing. His presence and lightheartedness keeps a smile on my face. We continue to praise God for His continuing guidance in our relationship.

Last week I received a birthday package from my family filled with all kinds of my favorite goodies. It was a wonderful surprise! And this week(June 23) I celebrated my 25th birthday, a perfect square year!!! Hehe It was a perfect day with Maba and friends of fun in the sun, a full-on Fijian lunch, and finishing off with a delicious American meal accompanied by live music. I thank God for His provision of wonderful people in my life on and off the mission field who bring so much to my life!

Thank you for being right here with me on this journey through your prayers and support. Together we are continuing to touch the lives of so many here in Fiji and around the world. The next several months will be filled with new experiences. I know that God will be with me every step of the way. Please be praying for me and the upcoming ministry events. If you feel led to additionally give financially, renew your monthly support, or become a monthly supporter for this ministry - please see the information below. May God bless you as you daily walk with Him!

Check – http://sabadines.blogspot.com for pictures of this month in action!

Ways to Support:
Online - www.eeworks.org
*Click on "Ways to Support" then "Online Giving"
*Type "Sarah Abadines 6124" in the box provided
*Type in amount and complete the given instructions
*If support is to be monthly – please indicate

Make checks out to Evangelism Explosion International and on memo line write "Sarah Abadines 6124" (all checks tax deductible)
Mail to:
Evangelism Explosion International
P.O. Box 23820
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33307-3820

No comments:

Post a Comment