Micah 6:8 “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
Zechariah 4:6 “So he said to me, ‘This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by MIGHT nor by POWER, but by my SPIRIT, says the Lord Almighty’.”
This month my personal devotions have been taking me through the minor prophets. The two Scriptures above convicted me in different ways and encouraged me during the month’s daily tasks. Through Micah 6:8 God reminded me of the simple and immediate obedience He asks of us and also the humility we must demonstrate each day in understanding His grace and acceptance of us. We have worth and purpose because of His mercy! How amazing is that??? Then in Zechariah 4:6 it is an encouragement that we are one with the Holy Spirit and as we stay connected to Him and keep in step with Spirit(Gal. 5:25), then we are truly able to live according to His will for us. It’s never in our own strength or power that we do anything! During all of September I have kept these two verses in my mind and heart, repeating them daily to myself and through that God has given me such strength and peace to go about my days. I hope you will be encouraged by this month’s update!
Highlights of this Month
1. Celebrated 3 months of marriage! – I praise God for all He has been doing within Maba and myself. We continue to grow in love and ministry walking hand in hand and side by side. It’s also been a challenge as we at times fight for quality time alone together and rest. But we praise God for His provision in sustaining us and giving us down time when we need it.
2. Counting down the days til we’re in the USA!!! – Yes, that’s right! Maba received his tourist visa stamp in his passport and we’ve booked our plane tickets to arrive in FL on Nov. 2! What a HUGE answered prayer! I’m so excited to go home not by myself, but WITH MY HUSBAND! It will be a new and different experience this time around. I’m really looking forward to show Maba where I grew up and for him to understand more about who I am from a different perspective. It will also be a lot to for Maba to take in, and I’m sure God will help us to balance family/friends time, being tourists, and fundraising! Yay!!!
3. Nation Building Specialists Conference – From September 10 to 21 over 60 EE national leaders came together at the EE Kennedy Training Centre for meetings and sessions of all sorts (Coaching, Continental Discussions, Strategy and Planning, Organizational Structure, Outreach tools, etc.). And 3 translations took place within the daily sessions (Spanish, Russian, and Korean). The 43 Countries represented include:
· North America: USA, Canada, Mexico,
· Caribbean: Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago
· Central America: Costa Rica, Guatemala
· South America: Ecuador, Argentina
· Europe: England, Austria, Finland, Romania
· Eurasia: Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Belarus,
· Middle East: Jordan
· Asia: India, Cambodia, Mongolia, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, Philippines
· Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Malawi, South Africa
· Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Fiji
Maba and I were in charge of leading worship every morning. We had a great team of other local EE Fiji staff and volunteers! It was a challenge to make sure we catered to the different worship styles that each person preferred, but we thank God for granting us wisdom to choose the right songs that tied into the morning devotions and daily sessions. We received great feedback from the leaders about how much they enjoyed the worship! I haven’t sung and led worship since my high school and college days, so this was such a blessing! Maba was also on duty for driving which consisted of airport pick-ups and drop-offs, daily accommodation pick-ups and drop-offs, daily runs into town for shopping and errands, etc. These were not easy and quick trips due to bad roads and long distances. I praise God for looking after Maba driving on the road plus keeping him and the others safe at all times! I was also present to help with any legistics or needs of the national leaders, which I was most happy to do!
This Conference was powerful and most effective! God moved in different ways, and it’s such a blessing to be part of this international ministry! I truly enjoyed hearing testimonies and stories from the many National Leaders about obstacles they have overcome, open doors for reaching out, and all the things to look forward to. It was also fun to meet up with family friends such as Pastor Bernard Henson (National Director of EE Philippines) and Pastor Rene Atienza (EE VP for Asia). It was so wonderful to spend time with them and be blessed by them as they have known my family for many years and been to my home in Florida.
Also during the conference, it was a special treat to have my “Unni” (big sister in Korean) – Sharon Lee – there for a week as she was translating in for her dad. It was a sisterly reunion! And she brought us lots of Korean goodies! Sharon was an intern in 2010 where she recommitted her life to the Lord and since then she has grown so much in her faith! It was amazing to hear how far she has come since her first trip to Fiji 2 years ago. We’ve always kept in contact as we are dear friends. I praise God for her friendship and encouragement. We had a great time catching up and hanging out and lifting up one another in prayer!
During the 2nd week of the Conference we hosted an outreach event for “Glasses for Missions” with the US rep, Scot Love. We visited a local village in Nadi and were able to make 45 pairs of reading glasses for elderly people. By doing so, we had the opportunity to share the Gospel with them! It was great! And to see their faces once receiving their reading glasses – priceless!
4. EE Fiji – This week Maba is at the EE Centre for a staff seminar with other local field workers. He was asked to refresh the staff on communication for the first day! I’m so proud of him diving into every opportunity to lead and teach! His supervisors are continually impressed with his abilities.
Þ Maba promoting and organizing for an Adult EE Clinic (Oct. 1-4)
Þ Myself planning and preparing to train about 20 Kids EE leaders in Oceania for a Hope for Kids workshop (Oct. 15-19)
· Maba’s upcoming EE clinic
· Oceania Hope for Kids training I’m conducting for 7 nations
· Preparing to come to the USA! (organizing to leave our place behind, make sure things are squared away, and plan our support raising)
· Financial support to continue in ministry
VINAKA VAKA LEVU (Thank you so much) for your prayers and support that allow us all together to be a blessing to others! This month was very special as so many nations came together to be empowered and challenged to move forward in obedience to the Great Commission. It is such a blessing to fellowship with other believers and leaders from around the globe! May God bless you and your families for continuing to partner with us in so many ways for His glory alone!
In His Grace,