Monday, October 31, 2011
Home Sweet Home
Hanging out with one of my best friend's Taylor during her baby shower! Can't wait to meet baby Liam!
Happy Fiji Day - cooked a Fijian dish for my family - fish and miti
It's October! Pumpkin carving with family :)
Our beautifully carved pumpkins in the dark all lit up!
Something I really miss while on the mission field - subs and sandwiches! Here you can see LaSpada's!
Speaking at Calvary Christian Academy to the 3rd graders about Fiji and missions. They were so cute!
4 high school best friends reunited! love it!
All dressed up as a bridesmaid for Jackie's wedding!
My family with Jackie & Dan at their wedding reception, so happy for them!
Me and my lovely sister, Sheilah, eating at Cracker Barrel! yummy breakfast!
Girlfriend's hanging out for a 21st bday celebration :) Yay Rach!
My Fiji Missions Open House
Thanking God for a great support system at home and great friends - Me and Sheilah with Brad & Elizabeth Haring :)
October Supporter Update
So a few weeks ago I greeted you all from SUNNY South Florida, now I’m greeting you from a very RAINY South Florida! Haha
This Wednesday marks one month in the US! It has gone by so fast! Being home has been a rollercoaster ride of re-learning how to drive on 5-lane highways, understanding central air-conditioning all over again, adjusting to big crowds in shopping malls and grocery stores, updating myself on technology and music, and balancing busyness with rest. I thought that each time coming back to the US would get easier but instead the culture shock is on a greater level and it takes me a little bit longer to get my feet fully wet and adjusted here. I praise God for finally getting into a normal sleep routine and being able to sleep completely through the night!
For the first few weeks of being carless, I had great family and friends to offer me rides to take me to appointments and help me with all my errands. My sister has also treated me out in different ways since she is now a working woman, the tables have turned and I am happy to take of advantage it hehe She recently bought a car so that I could have my old car back! That is a huge answered prayer as I really need a car while I am home.
My Missions Open House the other weekend was a great success! It was great to see family, friends, and supporters to show pictures and share testimonies of being on the mission field. I’m so blessed to have an amazing support system! Thank you to those of you who took the time to come by! I was blessed to receive some checks and cash to add into my support account from that event.
Since being home there’s been some fun and special things I’ve been able to be part of:
1. My best friend’s baby shower. She’s due to give birth any minute now! I love how God works in the details of our lives. My best friend and I were worried that I wouldn’t be in the States when her first child was born. And it’s a real blessing that God allowed me to be here for her during this exciting time!
2. One of my high school best friend’s wedding where I was a bridesmaid. It was such a joy to be home for her big day and take part of all the festivities! It was fun getting all dressed up! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to home for this special occasion, so I am so grateful that God knows the desires of my heart :)
3. Visiting Calvary Christian Academy where I used to teach. I was able to speak to the 3rd graders about Fiji and encouraging them that God can use them to share about Jesus! Plus I was able to catch up with old co-workers, mentors, and students!
4. Helping in the outreach department at church, being involved and connected while at home is so important to me
5. Reunion with all my college girlfriends – we call ourselves the Crazy 8’s! We had a wonderful weekend together at a Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort catching up and reminiscing our college days. 2 girls flew in from Wisconsin and Colorado and the others drove from north and central Florida. This was our 3rd reunion since we all graduated from UCF in 2008.
Support raising is moving along slowly but surely. Thank you to those of you who will continue to support monthly! And thank you to those of you who have sent donations. I am continuing to seek funds, especially monthly supporters and support from churches. I recently filled in a mission application to a church, so please be praying for that as I hope they are able to add me to their missionary list. I have ATTACHED an electronic copy of my 2011 Monthly Updates and my Brochure which most of you have. Please feel free to pass on the information to someone who may be interested to partner financially with this ministry!
God is growing my ability to trust in Him and surrender all things to Him. I am constantly in awe of how God works in small and big ways to meet our needs! So many times while I have been home, God has shown up to remind me who He is and how much He cares. I have also been reading “Jesus the Only Way to God – Must You Hear the Gospel to be Saved?” by John Piper which has been an encouraging reminder of how important missions is and why we need to GO out and OPEN our mouths so people hear the name of JESUS. He says, “The name of Jesus is the focus of faith and repentance. In order to believe on Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, you must believe on his name. Calling on his name is our entrance into fellowship with God.”
My prayer is that while I am home God continues to raise me up to be better at and more passionate about sharing about Jesus! If you would like to help the name of Jesus go out in to the nations, please pray about and consider supporting this ministry! Becoming a monthly supporter would be the most helpful! And/or if you know anyone who would want to partner financially please pass on this email with the information below.
Currently I am 60% towards my monthly support goal of $1,500 per month. I praise God for that! Now I am working towards the other 40%.
Ways to Support:
Online - www.eeworks.org
*Click on "Ways to Support" then "Online Giving"
*Type "Sarah Abadines 6124" in the box provided
*Type in amount and complete the given instructions
*If support is to be monthly – please indicate
Make checks out to Evangelism Explosion International and on memo line write "Sarah Abadines 6124" (all checks tax deductible)
Mail to: Evangelism Explosion International
P.O. Box 23820 Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33307-3820