Tuesday, November 29, 2011
November - Thankful Always
Hanging out in Times Square soaking up the awesome atmosphere! Gotta love NYC!
Shopping on 34th ST, the background you see Macy's already with a Christmas tree up :)
can't wait to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! Supercalifragilisticexepialidocious!
Waiting for the subway with my sis and cousin - so excited for a day in the city!
At the 9/11 memorial - "Reflecting Absence"
Delicious Fijian-Indian chicken curry with rice, cucumber and tomato salad, and tamarind chutney - I cooked dinner for my family!
Precious newborn baby boy of Taylor & Brian Haring! God is so good!
Baby Liam all cozy and bundled up :)
My beautiful dinner plate of heavenly Thanksgiving goodness :)
Sisters looking cute and ready to chow down!
Daddy carving the turkey amidst the smorgasbord!! Yay!
Thanksgiving yummyness - pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate pecan pie, mandarin orange geltin
This month at home was full of really special moments. I love the weather getting cooler. I have enjoyed sipping on fall drinks like pumpkin spice latte, peppermint mocha, and hot apple cider. I have truly cherished quality time with my family. And I have been blessed by the ways the Lord has drawn me closer to Him through the testing and stretching of my faith.
Wonderful Events this Month:
1. Sheilah and I had a super fun sister weekend in New York City sightseeing, shopping, and visiting family. It was so fun to see the leaves change color for fall, watch a broadway musical, and see the newly opened 9/11 Memorial. I’m so blessed by a sister that wanted to spoil me and spend time with me!
2. Welcoming William Matthew Haring into the world! I was able to be here when my best friend gave birth to her first baby, Little “Liam”! When I first left for the mission field, we were so worried I wouldn’t be able to come home for the birth of her first child. But God works in unique ways! I was so happy to meet this baby boy on the very day he was born!
3. Speaking at a local Filipino church to share about this ministry and the amazing things God has done in the Pacific this year. I received such a great response to my testimony and many are ready to renew and increase their support!
4. Sharing the Gospel of grace to a close family friend who is going through hard times. She was in complete awe of someone who could pay for her sins past, present, and future. And I was able to help encourage and reassure her of a Savior – Jesus Christ – who wants to rescue her.
5. Thanksgiving was above and beyond all my expectations! My family knew how special this day was for me as I have missed this great American holiday the past 2 years. I stuffed my face with so much goodness and made a pumpkin cheesecake that was a total success! I took advantage of leftovers for the next several days haha
1. Car Wash this Saturday at Bethany Christian School 9am-3pm to raise funds. Please pray for good weather and lots of cars to wash!
2. Speaking at another local church to promote this ministry and raise additional funds. Please pray that God would lead me as I speak.
God has been continuing to teach me of His power and might. My daily quiet time and prayer life has been renewed to another level. I praise God for meeting me where I am. He is always ready to deliver me and raise me up.
I would like to share a few things from my personal devotional that has encouraged me this month – “Faith in God is our greatest weapon and guaranteed victory. The battles and pains we face and overcome through God’s healing and restoration speak of victory, renewal, and endurance through Jesus, our Savior.”
I have also been reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan and would like to share a few things that have encouraged me. The book discusses that taking up our cross daily is a call for total surrender, radical faith, and forsaking everything for the sake of the Gospel and shares that “we are most alive when we love and give of ourselves because of the grace and love God has given us and that is when the Spirit of God moves and acts in and through us for His glory. It also challenged me that the Holy Spirit is always beckoning, but am I always ready to listen and follow?
I continue to hunger and thirst for more of the Lord. I am so blessed by His love for me. My prayer is that through this ministry you also will be blessed and have the desire to know more of Him in such great and intimate ways. I praise Him for the overflowing peace He gives me while I’m home as I seek financial support, seek rest in body, mind, and spirit, & have real heart to heart quality time with those I love and have greatly missed.
II Chronicles 20:15,17 says, “For the battle is not yours, but God’s….Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you.”
I also want to lift up the name of Jesus right now as I have move forward regarding fundraising – I am now 70% towards my support budget goal! Yay! Please pray for me as I tackle the last 30%. If you would like to help the name of Jesus go out in to the nations, please pray about and consider supporting this ministry in a real way! Becoming a monthly supporter would be the most helpful! And/or if you know anyone who would want to partner financially please pass on this email with the information below.
Ways to Support:
Online - www.eeworks.org
*Click on "Ways to Support" then "Online Giving"
*Type "Sarah Abadines 6124" in the box provided
*Type in amount and complete the given instructions
*If support is to be monthly – please indicate
Make checks out to Evangelism Explosion International and on memo line write
"Sarah Abadines 6124" (all checks tax deductible)
Mail to: Evangelism Explosion International
P.O. Box 23820 Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33307-3820