Thursday, March 1, 2012
Let it Overflow!
Some of the trainees practicing using the Hope for Kids materials
Group photo of all the trainees and their workshop certificates :)
Me and my girlfriend Ranjini during the Workshop
Having an afternoon fellowship with local kids to share the Gospel
Praising God for His goodness! And enjoying the beauty of Fiji hehe
Me & Maba visiting the beach where we're getting married to celebrate our 2 1/2 year anniversary :)
3 months left til our big day!
BULA FIJI - Natadola Beach - Wedding Date!
”Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.” – Psalm 62:1
This month has truly overflowed with God’s goodness and blessings, and it has also been an overwhelming reminder of His Sovereignty and unique plans for His children. As my support system and ministry team, I wanted to officially bring you some wonderful news!
MABA AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!
I have been meaning to share this for a little while now but was waiting for the right moment when things quieted down to announce this to all of you!
Maba asked my parents for their blessing while I was still home in the States and my family and friends threw me a bridal party before I left. It was really special and meant so much to me. And then things became officially official when I returned to Fiji. Since coming back Maba and I have been in full-fledged wedding planning mode. I praise God for His faithfulness and guidance in our relationship that has led us to this point. From the very beginning we have seen God’s hand in every detail. It has been a special journey that will continue on as we seek the Lord together. Maba and I are looking forward to all that is going to happen! This month we also celebrated 2 and a half years together ☺ We will be getting married here in Fiji one of the best beaches here on June 1st, 2012 and we will hold a reception the following day June 2nd at the EE Centre. Please be on the look out in the mail for a little something from us!
Aside from that I’d like to share all that has been going on this month. It’s been such a joy for me to get back into the swing of things here with my duties to look after the Hope for Kids ministry and build up young people.
This month I moved from Nausori back to Nadi where the EE Centre. It was sad for me to leave my roommates, friends, and church family, but it makes things a great deal easier for me as I am closer to the EE Centre instead of being over 4 hours away. Also, I am now only 40 minutes away from Maba so we are able to do all the wedding preparations for June. I am currently staying with Maba’s sister and her family, which has been such a blessing. I am now looking for a new place to stay. I am also looking for a new home church. Lately I have been attending the English service of the EE Fiji board chairman. I know many people there and it has been really nice. I even met some new Filipino families which was pretty cool!
From February 15-17 I went back to Nausori to my home church to help with a Hope for Kids workshop along with 3 local EE Kids workers. I was so encouraged to see the EE Kid workers that I have trained lead and teach effectively. And it was wonderful to catch up with church families and youth members. One family whom I’m very close to invited me for dinner one night. They consider me part of their family. When I arrived to their house they all said, “Welcome HOME!” hehe It’s such a blessing to have people like them in my life! I had such a good time having fellowship with them and catching up with all 5 of their kids! They kids loved the ring pops I brought them from the US ☺
One of my ministry goals this year is to strengthen and expand the Hope for Kids ministry in Fiji. We have 6 Kids workers here that I have trained and they are a great team. I spent several weeks creating a manual, which came to 35 pages in length, for them that clearly describes all their responsibilities as well as all aspects of running workshops for local children’s leaders and how to work with the local churches to use the Hope for Kids materials. Then from February 28-29 I conducted a refresher workshop for all of them at the EE Centre. It was a great time of encouraging and challenging them in their ministry roles. I wanted us all to come together to be united as one team and ministry family. I set up the ministry calender and follow-up assignments for them, and they were all renewed and revived to get out there and make 2012 a great one for this kids ministry. 2 of our staff came from far away on another island having to travel 3-6 hours by boat then again 6 hours by bus to get to the EE Centre. 2 traveled 4 hours by bus and the other 2 were just nearby the EE Centre.
I have also been able to catch up with 2 young girls I have been mentoring the past few years who are also my prayer partners.
1. Ranjini – my Indian friend who is also getting married this year. She is one of our EE Kids workers. I hung out with her several times to encourage her, pray with her, and offer advice/insight. She has also requested assistance from me with her wedding planning as she is very unaware of all that needs to be done for the ceremony and reception. So it has been enjoyable for me to help her in any way I can. Maba and I recently had dinner with her and fiancée. Maba and I were able to share with them words of wisdom about how to cherish this time together as they plan and prepare, how to seek the Lord together, and how to better understand and support each other. We also prayed for them and answered any questions they had about relationships and planning. Please pray for Ranjini as she continues in ministry and for her and Vashneel as they prepare for their wedding.
2. Rusila – my Fijian friend who’s church is one of our strong EE supporters. She also attend the local interns course that I conducted last year. She’s great girl with a strong, confident personality. She has finished high school and is now working at the Health Department. She is a youth leader and part of the worship team at church. Please pray for her as her job is tiresome and keeps her busy along with ministry duties.
Upcoming Events/Prayer Requests
• 1 of my best friends from Fiji and bridesmaids, Sally, will be flying in this weekend with her baby daughter Jen from Vanuatu to celebrate her first birthday in the village. Please pray for safe travels and for this birthday party. It will be a big event as this is the first time for the little Jen to visit her homeland and village, which is a very big deal in Fijian customs.
• Trip to Suva – I will catch a 4-hour bus next week to attend a wedding for one of my old roommates. I will be her witness for her marriage license. I’m really excited for her! Please pray for La and Metui as they begin a new chapter of their lives and build a family together.
• Trip to Australia – next month from March 16-25 I will be in Australia for the EE Oceania Conference. All the EE leaders of the Pacific nations as well as several EE International leaders will be present. I will be there to do a few presentations and meet with these leaders regarding the Hope for Kids ministry and Youth Interns courses. Please be praying for me as I prepare the next few weeks for my presentations.
• Finding a place to stay that is suitable and affordable as well as choosing a new home church
• Maba and I – wedding planning is coming along well but there is so much that still needs to be done. Please pray for us as we will have many expenses and need to set up a house and prepare for my family/friends coming over at the end of May. We have also set up pre-marital counseling with our EE boss from Australia. So please also pray for us as we prepare ourselves to be husband and wife.
Thank you all for your support and prayers! Thank you for being part of everything I do here on the mission field. Through you Sunday school teachers will train their kids to share the Gospel. And through you young people are being lifted up in different ways. I hope you are encouraged and blessed by this month’s report. 2012 has so much in store, I just know it! I can feel it in my bones hehe
If you feel led to additionally give, renew your giving, or know someone who would like to help this ministry please forward them my report and see the info below.
Ways to Support:
Online - www.eeworks.org
*Click on "Ways to Support" then "Online Giving"
*Type "Sarah Abadines 6124" in the box provided
*Type in amount and complete the given instructions
*If support is to be monthly – please indicate
Make checks out to Evangelism Explosion International and on memo line write
"Sarah Abadines 6124" (all checks tax deductible)
Mail to: Evangelism Explosion International
P.O. Box 23820 Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33307-3820
Overflowing with joy and peace that comes ONLY FROM HIM,